To boldly follow Jesus and make multiplying disciples.
LRC Core Values
The great news of the Gospel of Jesus is our core. The Gospel saves us, defines us, informs us and propels us in everything that we do. In our work, in our play, in our homes, amongst our neighbors, wherever we may be, we will continually seek to show and share the Gospel. The question is always, “How can I best communicate the Gospel in this moment?”
- Authentic Relationship
God created us to engage in authentic relationships. He pursues us, and desires for us to be in intimate, authentic relationship with Him through faith in Jesus. He desires for us to be in authentic relationship within His church as we experience life together, the good, bad and ugly, being genuine in every circumstance. He desires for us to be in authentic relationship with the world around us, as we point those around us to authentic faith in Jesus.
God is the most generous giver in the universe. We believe that God desires for us to reflect His generosity in every way, as we live with open hands with our time, energy, talents, and resources.
We are called by Jesus to be multipliers as both individuals and as a church. Jesus calls us to go into all the world and make disciples, that is, to readily show and share the Gospel “as we go”, and then help those that God connects us with to grow in their faith in Jesus. As a church, we believe that the best way to reach a people with the Gospel is through church planting. We will multiply as a church by sending out teams to plant churches wherever God may call.
What we believe
- About God: There is one and only one living and true God. God is infinite in holiness and perfect in every way. God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son (Jesus) and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but fully one.
- About the Bible: The Bible was written by men, who were divinely inspired by the Spirit, and is God’s revelation of Himself to man. It has God for its author, salvation for its end, and is completely truth, without any error.
- About Salvation: Salvation is offered, freely, to all people who confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, turn from their old self and follow Him. Jesus Christ, by His own willing blood sacrifice, obtained eternal redemption for those who choose to receive His free gift of salvation. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- About the Church: A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous, regenerate, local body of baptized followers of Jesus, associated in the faith and fellowship of His Gospel for the purpose of engaging the culture with the Gospel in word and deed, and making disciples, both locally and globally.
- About Baptism: Christian Baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience, symbolizing the believer’s faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior, the believer’s death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in a new life through the power of Jesus Christ. It identifies a believer with Jesus and with His Church. Being a church ordinance, it is prerequisite to the covenant of church membership.
- About the Lord’s Supper: The Lord’s Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby followers of Jesus, through the taking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, remember, with humble thanksgiving, the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ and look forward to His second coming.
Living Rock Church above all else seeks to be a Biblical New Testament church. We exist to glorify God, and build His Kingdom. With that in mind, we are a North American Mission Board church plant, which is the domestic missions entity of the Southern Baptist Convention.